Follow the clues
Read the book
- Double indemnity?
- LBPD admits it: No policies for digital media evidence
- Forensic image enhancement reveals blood-red stains
- Case of the demoted detective
- What can we learn about this case from watching people fall?
- Anger and disgust: emotion recognition demo
Documents to download
- Collected case documents (8MB pdf)
- All videos, photos, and audio files released by Long Beach Police Department(dropbox)
- Huck’s statement to police (pdf)
- Detective Todd Johnson’s One Legacy report about the case (pdf)
- Sister’s complaint to Long Beach CPCC and responses (pdf)
- Dana Jones autopsy report (pdf)
- Night of March 2, 2014
- Neighbor arrives
- Neighbor departs
- Murder alibi clip
- Huck takes a photo
- Huck demonstrates a yoga fall
- Credit card trick
- Possible witness?
- Face++ Emotion Recognition Demo (on YouTube)
- Real Fall vs Fake Fall (on YouTube)
In the news
- Accident or Unsolved Murder? part one by Stephen Downing
- Accident or Unsolved Murder? part two by Stephen Downing
- Letters to the Editor of Beachcomber
- More Beachcomber letters
In March 2014, Long Beach kitchen designer Dana Kathleen Jones died of massive head injuries that her husband claimed were caused by yoga. Her family believes she was murdered by her husband, variously named Carl Lynn Jenkins/Cain Finn Jones/Kane Finn Kealoha/Hucky or Huck. Long Beach Police homicide detectives Todd Johnson and Roger Zottneck botched the investigation due to blunders and intentional omissions, and made false statements about the evidence. Further, these detectives were protected and defended by Jim McDonnell and Erik Herzog.